Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What to do with these thoughts?

Do your thoughts ever about send you over the edge? Do you ever drive yourself crazy because so much is going in inside of your head that you can't keep up with them nor do anything about them?

I'm in that place right now. It's often provoked by talking to some of my close friends. These friends make me think. And I appreciate it. But, then I'm sometimes left unsure of what to do. What to do this moment. What to do next week. And, what to do with my life.

Our discussions often focus on our hurting world and the endless number of needs that seem to go unnoticed. So many people are hurting. So many people have lost all trust and all hope. And, sadly enough, so many people have lost hope in the church of Jesus Christ. Okay, I know, I'm an idealistic 22 year-old, and I can't solve all these problems. But, what am I to do than? I must do something!

I think this often leads to me becoming very self focused on what it is that "I" am supposed to do. Rather, I think I would be better off to look at what God is doing or wants to do and then just offer to be available. I want to be available. I'm trying to learn to be available all the time. So, I give my thoughts over to the only one who can keep track of them for me...Jesus. And then I ask him to use me wherever and maybe I can do something to help someone in this hurting world.

No comments: