Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Sea Tribe People

It's been way too long since I last wrote on here. Truth is, I finally feel like I'm getting over the hump and have some time to just sit and think and read and be. Since I last wrote, I have been to SE Asia, Tallahassee, and I've graduated officially from college. I've also decided that I am coming back to pursue a Masters in Higher Education here at Taylor.

I've been wrestling with some questions largely from my experience in SE Asia. We did ministry on remote Islamic islands. We prayed a lot and we shared when we could. We loved people with Christ's love in various forms. These people were incredible to work with. They loved God. They loved their neighbor.

I struggled with some things.

Mainly, the question I was asking was, "What is absolutely essential to the Gospel?" Have we added to this message? Have we contaminated it with the things that "don't matter" ultimately to Christ? All I know is that when I sat on the floor with these people, I wanted to know what was the bare message that Jesus wanted me to share.

What kinds of questions are you asking? I think they are good to ask, so I challenge you to question things and then explore for answers. That's what I'm trying to do.

No comments: