Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Home...alone.

My family is currently spread across three continents. I am blessed to be holding down the fort (i.e. watering the flowers, mowing the lawn, and chasing the dogs) in Milford, IN. It's 92 degrees and 46% humidity today, yet each member of my family is probably dealing with more of each.

It is humbling to write that my family is all over the world. I realize we are very fortunate to be able travel, see, and experience so much. I understand that many cannot do the same (or maybe have no desire). But, I know that through these experiences we have been changed a lot. We have seen poverty, hunger, filth, hurt, and sin all over the world. Likewise, we have seen beautiful mountains, gorgeous lakes, endearing smiles, hopeful energy, and Christ at work.

We've seen joy. We've seen sadness. All of these things have affected the way we view the world and the way we view people. These experiences have affected the way we view our neighbor.

Hopefully, we will never take for granted these experiences or begin to feel entitled. I know that I am grateful.

If you get a chance today, pray for my family. You can check in to see how things are going in the Dominican Republic and Nepal/Bangladesh at the sites below:

Kory, Alison, Mom, and Dad
Kalyn Marie


May every experience you have to see more of the world alter the way you view your world, your neighbor, your family, your life.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

your house is looking huge nowadays... your parents will be so proud when they come back to w-a-w-a-s-e-e and see that castle! wow!!! anyways... you are unbelievable/awesome and i loved reading kalyn's blog.. thanks for puttin that up there! miss you friend and praying for one of my fave fam's ever! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for blogging. I enjoy reading them! Hope adventure planning for Ireland is coming along. I am praying for ya! . . . wohoooo!!