Friday, August 10, 2007

Lives Changed


More lives have been changed. How grateful I am just to be a part of God's moving power.

I just got back from a week long trip to West Virginia with 25 Bethel College athletes. It was the 3rd annual SALT (Student Athlete Leadership Training) Retreat at Bethel. I spent last summer interning for my dad (the athletic director) planning this retreat. This year it was so cool to help teach and just be a part of these amazing people's lives.

We went to Fayetteville, WV for the second straight year. We stayed at this amazing retreat center where we truly are able to get away from all of the busyness of life. We focus much of the time on spiritual leadership training, but it is amazing how God simply uses the theme as a tool to radically impact hearts.

Vulnerability was evident.
Honesty was present.
Tears were abundant.
Joy was overflowing.
Learning was great.
Encouragement was shared.
Advice was offered.

The Holy Spirit moved. Being a part of the fresh wind of God's power is so cool.

I think Bethel College Athletics has another group of people ready to see God move. They are all competitors and they all love to win, but God is working into them a desire to most importantly see their teammates lives changed. They also desire for their love of Christ to carry over into their campus and into their world. I believe it will happen. Keep an eye out. If you know them, keep them accountable.
I must also admit that we had an absolute blast. A hike. A day rafting on the New River. TONS of games. Amazing worship. Bonfire. Ridiculously good food. So much laughter.

I love these people because I have experienced life with them and have seen God move in them.

No comments: