Tuesday, July 10, 2007

An interesting day in the factory

So, I overslept and woke up at 6:27 am (I was supposed to be at work at 4:30 am). I arrive at 6:40, tell my boss why I was late and begin my mindless duty only to be thrown into a brick wall by what I was about to hear. My co-worker, Brice, tells me, through tears, that his wife of 8 years (as of July 1) left him and their 3 girls last night. Realizing very quickly how menial my problems of this early morning were, I tried hard to console my new friend but couldn't find more than 3 or 4 useful words. The next 2 hours were silent and sobering. To make matters worse, I started getting pretty nauseous and was feeling awful. It was a low moment in my summer and I felt so deeply burdened and saddened by Brice's situation. He later would tell me that she has cheated on him before (once giving him an STD) and he had once spent $800 toward a divorce before she came back. He also said that next time he marries, he wants to get the approval of his parents (unlike last time which was a just a rush). So, all that to say, my job has shown me the deep realities of sadness, brokenness, and sin in this world and today was the biggest blow I've received. Pray for Brice if you get a chance.

No comments: