Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Today was a top 3 day

On our way down today from a Swiss Alp peak, we were talking about our top three days. This was a difficult task and we realized how incredibly blessed we have been and how much we have seen and experienced in 3 short/long weeks. We start making the trek back tomorrow as we plan to sleep in the Zurich airport, but we are still soaking in each and every moment.

Today was incredible because we woke up with hopes of a certain hike, but it was raining so we changed plans. We set out on a hike that we were not real sure about, but 2 hours later we found ourselves on top of a peak both overlooking and staring massive Swiss Alps in the face. We were literally all by ourselves for three hours on top of this nub of a peak and we had a blast. I found this spot that I sat and as I looked to my right I saw a cliff, straight ahead was a 1000+ foot drop and to my left was just enough rock for me to brace myself against so I didn't fall. It was there that me and God had a nice chat and he once again blew me away. I was mind boggled as I sat and stared at His creation. These mountains rise STRAIGHT up out of the ground and are so close together. We were also surrounded by clouds much of the time and it was nuts. I've never been so awestruck.

Tonight we are cooking dinner again (rice and potatoes and peaches). Gerbz is a stud cook. We are eating well and saving money. One more big peak in the morning and we will start heading home. I know the guys are excited to see people and get home, but we will never forget what we have been able to experience these past 3 weeks.

So much...

So thankful...

So blessed...

1 comment:

davidkmercier said...

welcome home!