Wednesday, May 07, 2008

"security lulls me to sleep, but action excites me"

A good friend of mine said this to me tonight.

Begs me to ask the tough questions in my own life:

Where am I secure? More specifically, where am I secure in reliance upon myself and the things around me? Still more, where have I been lulled into a distracted ignorance of the power of God?

Action for the sake of action isn't always the right thing. But action, the kind where you step out into a place where only God can make it happen (MIH), that's where I want to be.

Something I'm thinking about. Need to keep thinking and start doing.

1 comment:

Bret Burchard said...

This one hits home, Kyle. As a senior about to graduate the world screams at us to have a plan. We are supposed to search for that security where it's sure we will succeed. I'm tire of this. I quit planning my future a couple of weeks ago because of this. I'm a bit nervous but looking forward to the uncertainty and insecurity. I think God has amazing things planned for my life when my plans aren't getting in the way.