Saturday, September 15, 2007

Dogs and Bikes

I've had my share of bike stories from the past couple of weeks:

1.) This picture above is in Colorado. My dad wanted to take my picture and he wanted a mountain in the background. In the process of trying to turn around on the gravel road I bit the dust and my whole family just laughed at me. At the moment, I wasn't too happy about it so I just rode off in frustration. Sometimes I really don't like the way I react to situations and I wish I could take it back, yet I seem to just keep being an idiot in certain cases. (Notice the lack of a beautiful mountain in the picture regardless...thanks Dad)

2.) About a month ago, my Dad (yes, I blame pops again) thought it would be a good idea for me to take our Golden Retriever, Kloe, for a bike ride. Things were going well until she saw a rabbit and suddenly darted out in front of me. I held firmly to her leash which proceeded to rip off her neck, collar and all, and then spin up my front tire, locking into my brakes which halted my bike immediately and sent me flying straight over the handle bars. I landed on my chin and hands. I had Jay Leno chin for about 3 days.

3.) The other night I was out for a nice sunset ride. I saw 2 muts chasing me down, but I made it safely past them thinking, "There's no way I'm coming back this way." About 2 minutes later I came to a dead end in the road. Sweet! I turned around, bolstered up my confidence (and my spandex) and took off. Turner and Hooch came running once again, tongue and slobber and all, so I used my new found "Fighting off Dogs while on your Bike" technique. I yelled, "No, No, No" at the top of my lungs. It worked, or so I thought. I got up to the owner's house only to see a man standing on the porch holding an electric shock remote control that had obviously been the real "winner" of the dog control.

4.) This morning I rode in a triathlon. This one doesn't include dogs. It just includes me falling over while connected to my bike as I attempted to transition from the biking portion to the running. Needless to say, I was exhausted.

Moral: Enjoy your day.

No comments: